OK, now for the real deal.
First, I'm basically a modelbuilder, and I also have a 'real' 8-5 job. This isn't quite like ordering from Land's End! This is very much a 'home hobby' business today.
So the way I like to do this is to follow this plan:
1) Email me first on what you're interested in and make sure I either have it, or can make it. No deposit or reservation required. For custom work, painting, weathering or assembly, nearly every job is different and we'll negotiate on price. Custom work usually requires a deposit.
I've had such terrible results with resin casting during the summer (humidity causes bubbles) I usually suspend production between May 1 and October 1. If I have parts/kits I can still mail any time, but if I don't have stock I'll take a reservation for the next run.
2) I'll confirm you back and make sure we can do this and I'll invoice you via e-mail or PayPal. I'll also e-mail you .PDF instructions if you don't already have them.
3) Send check, money order, or PayPal (which really works best). Overseas orders PayPal only.
4) Shipping is usually US Priority Mail, which is particularly great when you use PayPal because it includes tracing and optional insurance. I can do UPS ground, but in four years nobody has done it yet. Overseas orders are usually sent First Class airmail (small parcel), which is inexpensive, but insurance and tracing are not available. I can scan and send proof of mailing, but I cannot guarantee overseas delivery or condition.
5) I'll ship within 3 days (or sooner) on PayPal, money orders when received, and checks when they clear. If you paid via PayPal, you'll receive an e-mail confirmation when the label is printed.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with
questions or comments about this web site.